3 best tea for sore throat
3 best tea for sore throat are explained in this article. Drinking one of these tea can help you to get the relief from sore throat in short time. Here we will discuss top 3 teas which are preferred for sore throat. These teas will provide the relief from the sore throat. Recipe of these teas are very simple; you can easily prepare those at home.
Honey and ginger tea
Honey and ginger tea come first in 3 best tea for sore throat. It is one of the best teas for soothing a sore throat is honey and ginger tea. This is most effective tea and it is natural tea. Both Honey and ginger are natural ingredients containing medical properties. Drinking this tea provides early relief from sore throat. As it contains all natural ingredients it is highly efficient without any side effect.
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1-2 teaspoons of honey (preferably raw honey)
- 1-2 slices of fresh ginger (or ginger tea bag)
- Boil water and let it cool slightly until it’s warm, not scalding hot.
- Add the ginger slices or ginger tea bag to the cup of warm water.
- Allow the ginger to steep for about 5-10 minutes. The longer you steep it, the stronger the ginger flavor will be.
- Remove the ginger slices or tea bag.
- Stir in honey to taste. Honey can help soothe the sore throat and provide a pleasant sweetness.
- Sip the tea slowly while it’s still warm. The warmth of the tea can help relieve throat discomfort, and the ginger and honey may provide soothing effects.
Green tea is second in 3 best tea for sore throat. It Contains antioxidant called as polyphenols that helps you to fight with cold and flu viruses. Sore throat is mostly caused due to inflammation of pharynx, greens tea has anti-inflammatory properties that provides you the relief from sore throat.
- 1 green tea bag or 1 teaspoon of loose green tea leaves
- 1 cup of hot (not boiling) water
- Place the green tea bag or green tea leaves in a cup.
- Pour hot water (about 175-185°F or 80-85°C) over the tea.
- Cover the cup and let it steep for 2-3 minutes for a milder flavor or up to 5 minutes for a stronger brew.
- Remove the tea bag or strain out the tea leaves.
- You can enjoy green tea as is or add honey or lemon for extra flavor, if desired.
Slippery Elm Tea
Slippery Elm tea has inner layer of bark, which contains mucilage which gets converted to gel when mixed in water. When you drink it, a protective layer gets created on your throat. This is one of the 3 best tea for sore throat but it is not recommended for all, people on medications should avoid this.
- 1-2 teaspoons of powdered slippery elm bark or 1 slippery elm tea bag
- 1 cup of hot (not boiling) water
- Place the slippery elm bark or slippery elm tea bag in a cup.
- Pour hot water (around 150-160°F or 65-70°C) over the slippery elm.
- Cover the cup and allow it to steep for about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir the tea to ensure that the slippery elm powder is well mixed.
- You can drink slippery elm tea plain, or you may add a bit of honey for sweetness and flavor, especially if you find the taste too bland.
All mentioned teas are best tea for sore throat. Those are easy to prepare and are most effective in relief of sore throat. These are considered as home remedies which will provide the help for common sore throat pain. If you have the problem not getting cured or there is no relief from sore throat, then you should consult with your healthcare professional for personalized advice. Above mentioned teas are general solutions for common sore throat problem.
Read more about honey ginger tea benefits, green tea benefits.